June 11, 2011

Always...

June is the month for weddings and today my husband Bob and I are celebrating the 18th anniversary of ours! 

In honor of this month of celebration, the theme for the  HERO ARTS June Challenge is Weddings and Congratulations.  The technique is Watercolors by Shari Carroll.  This is the card I made for Bob for our anniversary and for the June Challenge.
 I first inked the floral stamp in Rich Cocoa and then used a baby wipe to take ink off three of the flowers. I inked those in the Bamboo Leaves and then stamped that image onto the white cardstock. I stitched that layer onto the kraft paper. Next, I wound the twine diagonally across the image and tacked it down behind the kraft paper.  I glued that entire piece onto brown cardstock, then glued that onto a white card.  I die-cut the pp and white cardstock using a Nestie, stamped and embossed my sentiment on it, then added the pearls. I used pop glue dots to raise and glue the label onto the card.

Recipe:
Hero Arts CG315 - Flower Bursts Pattern
Hero Arts CL520 - Live And Laugh
Bazzill cardstock
Papertrey Ink kraft paper
Echo Park - "For the Record" patterned paper
Memento Inks - Rich Cocoa and Bamboo Leaves
Ranger Ultra Fine Embossing Powder
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Five
Queen & Co. pearls
Papertey Ink twine

Thanks so much for visiting!
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips