September 16, 2011

A Card for All Occassions

I spent most of the day straightening up my studio because I'm going through a mojo slump.  I need to get in touch with my inky side and use some of my new stamps.  I can't work in a messy area - that may be why my mojo took a vacation.

I'm having a hard time transitioning into the Autumn colors.  I wanted to try out the resist technique on a stamp I haven't used before.   So to honor Summer's last bastion, I made this card with layers, texture, technique, and muted end-of-the- season colors. I turned and tweaked the sketch and I'm pretty happy with how it came out.  It's so much prettier in person!
I am using this sketch from Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

I am entering this card in the Stamptacular Sunday ChallengeLily Pad Cards Sketch Challenge, and The Die Cut Divas "The Old Fashioned Way" September 2011 Challenge.

Supplies:
Bazzill cardstock white, orchid
My Minds Eye Lost and Found pp
Spellbinders die - large scallop circle
Sizzix die frame back, ornate #8 die
Cherry-Lynn Designs die - doily border
Stampin' Up embossing folder - Lattice
Sizzix embossing folder - Swiss dots
VersaMark clear watermark ink
Zing embossing powder, white, clear
Distress Inks - Dusty Concord, Bundled Sage, Tumbled Glass
Homemade Glimmer Mist
Webster's Pages embellish crystals
Basic Grey rub-on
Stamps - Hero Arts CG198 Paper Art, Stamp Camp bg #5381 Whispy Vines Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips