November 06, 2011

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #137 "SKETCH"

For our challenge this week, you will create any card or project that incorporates the above sketch. You may flip it, flop it, twist it or turn it any way you wish, BUT…please be sure we can see the original sketch in your submission. Be creative, use any theme, but please don’t forget to stamp.  We are STAMPtacular after all! 
I'm on the countdown - FORTY EIGHT DAYS 'till Christmas!  I am on a Christmas card making roll and I have been dying to make one in a neutral palette!  How perfect for me that my new Basic Grey, Little Black Dress paper arrived in time for my design team card.
I picked out four different patterns from the pad.  I don't know if I ever used that many different pp on a card!  Looking at the gorgeous leopard pp, I knew I wanted to BLING this up, so I picked out some vintage black lace from my stash, some Hero Arts pearls, (I used my black Copic to alter the color) a filigree corner piece, gold embossing powder, and heirloom gold Liquid Pearls Mist.  To add texture, I dry embossed two of the pp and die cut a piece of corrugated cardboard sprayed with the mist. 
As long as I can remember, we always had white poinsettias for the holidays.  I used the Hero Arts, "Poinsettia & Berries" stamp on cream cardstock for the main image and heat embossed it in gold.  Then I sprayed that with Glimmer Mist and added the pearls.  If you look closely, you'll see the black lace mimics the shape of leaves behind the poinsettia.
For the sentiment, I used the final sheet of pp and used a "bonus" die that came with an embossing folder.  I forgot I had it!  I think it worked great with the double scallop MFT border die cut underneath it.
Our sponsors for our challenge this week are:
PRIZE: $20 Gift Certificate; winner MUST pay shipping!
AND
PRIZE: Winner’s Choice of TWO Digis!

Don't forget to check out the cards from the other Design Team ladies. They are AMAZING!
SUPPLIES: 
Stamps - Hero Arts, CG363 Poinsettia & Berries
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey, Little Black Dress paper pad
Inks, Markers, Mists - Copics, Ranger Heirloom Gold Liquid Pearls mist, Glimmer Mist
Die & Embossing Folders - Stampin' Up Lattice embossing folder, Sizzix die, MFT double scallop Die-namics
Other - Ticket corner punch, HA pearls, filigree corners & corrugated cardboard from the Funkie Junkie, black lace from my stash

This is being entered into the Hero Arts November 2011A Challenge.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips