January 15, 2012

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #147 "TEXTURE Please"

For this weeks challenge you will create a card or project that has at least TWO different textures on it. There are so many choices to choose from! What will you choose? Please be sure to let us know where you used all your different textures in your post ...be creative, but please don’t forget to stamp.  We are STAMPtacular after all!

Here is my design team card for some inspiration.
Now, you would be surprised at how many textures you use on a project and don't think about it.  For me, I think of fabrics, ribbons, and things that are elevated off the paper.  I selected an image I knew I could use many textures with.  

My roly poly chef from Bugaboo definitely needed a chalkboard.  I stamped the image onto manilla cardstock, cut it out, then cut out the "chalkboard" area inside the image.  I replaced it with a scrap of paper that I thought was a perfect chalkboard look and then inked it with Hero Arts Old Letter Writing stamp in frost white Colorbox ink. I let it dry a bit and then smudged it a little to look like real chalk.  Then I colored him with Copics.  I finished the chef coat off with some Ranger black Glossy Enamel for black buttons - the first layer of texture.

The next layer of texture I used was a canvas sticky-back circle from Technique Tuesday.  I stamp it with Versafine black onyx ink using another Hero Arts stamp, Spoon and Fork cling.

My third layer was the corrugated cardboard with the twine and button.  I assembled the card using "restaurant check" red and white paper for the bg and put that on top of black and kraft PTI cardstock.

I think he's adorable!  Now don't forget to check out the cards from the other Design Team ladies. They are AMAZING!

Our sponsor for our challenge this week is: 

PRIZE: Winner’s Choice of 7 Digis!


STAMPS:
Hero Arts CG188 Spoon and Fork, S4878 Old Letter Writing
Roly Poly Chef - Blackboard

Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips