February 18, 2012

What's Black and White with a Splash of Color?

This week's challenge at Our Creative Corner!  Our challenge this week is hosted by Tui Nathan of Stampin-Time and her theme is "Black and White with a splash of Colour."  She asks that we create a card or paper craft item with the colours black and white, and then add a splash of colour of our choosing! Which way will you go .... classic and elegant, modern and contemporary, clean and simple or shabby chic ... the choice is yours so have fun and be creative!

Here is my design team card for some inspiration.
This is a very uncomplicated card.  I received some products this week that I was excited to try out.  One of them was the Hero Arts (Studio Calico) Cling Stamp Houndstooth Background.  I used this stamped in ColorBox Fliud Chalk Ink - Yellow Citrus as my splash of color.  
 Another product was a set of Time Holtz Springtime Texture Fades Embossing Folders.  In the set were three borders and I used the flourish one on the bottom of the card on top of the houndstooth background.

Another stamp I received was the Hero Arts Cling Stamp Watch Gears.  I embossed it with black eb powder and detail cut it out for the main image.  I placed it over a striped ribbon, a PTI scallop border die cut out of PTI black cardstock, and another new stamp border from Prima.  The sentiment was stamped on white vellum with Stazon using the Hero Arts Clear Stamp Special Time.

That's it.  Easy peasy and I got to play with some new goodies.  I'm hoping to feel better next week so I can make some more cards with the rest of my haul.  Oh - and I was able to pre-order the new Tim Holtz Distress Markers - all 37 of them, for $99.95 at my LSS - Ink About It in Westford, MA.  I have to wait 2 weeks for them!
 
Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  Check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team - they are amazing!
 
Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan- Stampin Time
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  Up here in New England, we are experiencing a freaky mild Winter!  

Hugs,
Marcy
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips