June 16, 2012

Joy's Summer Inspiration Challenge at Simon Says Stamp!

I saw this photo montage from hostess Joy Taylor at Simon Says Stamp! and fell in love with it!  I haven't had much time to enter many challenges lately, but this one hit my LOVE button!
Don't those photos remind you of why we love Summer so much?  I get warm and fuzzy thinking about the lemonade stands we set up as kids, running through sprinklers and racing up and down rows of sunflowers in the neighbors' fields!
I've been loving all the Hero Arts backgrounds and this one, Radiant Banner CG446, was calling my name for this challenge!  

I saw the banner on the lemonade stand, so I took out my Taylored Expressions pennant border for that element.  All the pretty papers are from My Minds Eye.  I believe they are one of the most brilliant papermaking companies today!
I also saw the sunflower and set out to make my own version of my friend, Linda's from The Funkie Junkie found HERE in her fabulous tutorial.  It's made from cotton crinoline from Linda's boutique. (See below)  I think the flower came out pretty darn close for a first try using a different die and color.  

I pulled it altogether with a ticket label I made using the Hero Arts Homey Patterns stamp CL600.  

Wishing you all a wonderful Father's Day and a FABULOUS weekend!

SUPPLIES:
Paper - MME, Hero Arts, Bazzill
Stamps - Hero Arts Radiant Banner CG446 and Homey Patterns stamp CL600
Inks - Hero Arts Mid-Tone Shadow Inks, Butter Bar & Cup O' Joe, ColorBox Pigment Chalk Sour Apple
Dies and Folders - Taylored Expressions pennant border, QuicKutz Flower Die
Other - Dew Drops, SU corner ticket punch, Heidi Swapp Sticky Back Canvas, Hemp twine, vintage button from my stash, foam dots, crinoline from The Funkie Junkie Boutique


Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips