June 05, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge #13 House of Holland

When I saw the inspiration photo for the Runway Inspired Challenge today, I RAN to create my card!  This is an outfit I would wear in a heartbeat!  I adore houndstooth and once-upon-a-time years ago, I had gorgeous black leather pants!

Key elements stuck out immediately - the houndstooth, the colors, the scarf, and the leather pants.  I wanted to incorporate those in my card some how.  I used the bottom sketch from the current Hero Arts June Challenge.
Now, I am not one to use lots of white space, so this was a challenge for me.  I decided the black and yellow houndstooth was enough space without a lot of embellishments.
The ribbons reminded me of the scarf hanging around the model's neck.  My "pleather" ribbon was left long to emulate the lean, long legs of the model.  I knew that ribbon would be perfect for a some-day card! I also embossed the sentiment to give it that black shine.  All in all, I am pleased with how this came out.  It always fascinates me how people interpret inspiration photos differently.  Thanks for visiting!

SUPPLIES:
Papers - Hero Arts, Bazzill
Stamps -  Hero Arts Houndstooth BG ST514, Made With Love CL491
Other - Versafine Onyx Black ink, Ranger Clear Embossing Powder, Webster's Pages Bloomers, foam dots, asst. ribbons from my stash
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips