September 08, 2012

A Little Kiss, Anyone?

I always say that I don't know everything, although my husband might beg to differ!  BUT, I am always eager to learn and that is exactly what I did with our challenge this week at Our Creative Corner.

Hosted again by the talented Lisa Minkler of You Made Me Ink!, she asks us to create a card or project using the stamp "kissing" technique, but with a twist.  You must include the letters X and O somewhere on your project!  Lisa has included a nifty tutorial on the OCC blog.

Here is my design team project using the technique. The trees in the background have been KISSED!  Please don't look at my crooked stitching - it was late!
I took THIS stamp and inked it in Hero Arts Cup O' Joe Mid-Tone Shadow Ink and kissed it to THIS stamp inked in Hero Arts Sand Shadow Ink.  After a few seconds, I stamped the trees onto white cardstock.  I was SO excited with the results for my very first time trying this technique! 

Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  I promise you'll have fun with this fabulous technique!  Also, check out the awesome projects from the FAB design team - they are amazing!  

  Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
  Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts (you are here!)
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon
Cristina Barnes - Dot Dot Stamping Design
Liliana Inguanti - Stampin' From Home
 Paula McClane - Scrap Addicts Attic
 Lisa Minckler - You Made Me Ink!
 Kim Price - Inkognito

SUPPLIES:
Stamps - Hero Arts Tree Trunks, Newspaper Background, and Just  Because
Paper - Hero Arts, Neenah Solar White, Bazzill
Inks - Hero Arts Mid-Tone and Shadow Inks, Ranger Distress Inks
Other - Hero Arts Edge Frame (E) Papertrey Ink Twine, Copic, Glossy Accents, MME button, ribbons

Thanks for visiting  my blog.  I'd love to hear your comments!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips