September 29, 2012

I'm Wild About You!

I know it's been a while since I posted, but I had an unfortunate fall a few weeks ago and ended up with whiplash and a broken coccyx.  Much better now and really happy to be back in my studio!

So this week, at Our Creative Corner, our challenge is brought to you by our hostess Liliana Inguanti of Stampin' From Home.  This is her very first time hosting and she brings us a REALLY beautiful inspiration photo for our challenge!  She asks that we create a card or project with a country or western look, and we must use something plaid or gingham (checkered/tartan is acceptable too!), such as in a ribbon or designer paper.

 
 Here is my design team card.  As you can see, I decided to go Cowboy Western and took some liberties with the deets!
I've wanted to use this font, Bleeding Cowboy, for a long time.  The sentiment just came to me!  That almost never happens.  Well, except when I'm trying to name a new recipe.
When I think of cowboys and the West, I think of cooling off after a hot day, drinking a bottle of sarsaparilla, sitting on the front porch.  I also think of lasso's, lariats, spurs and tooled leather saddles.  I tried to capture these elements on my card.

While I was at ScrapFest, I found these FABULOUS bottle caps at Archiver's.  I had to color it with a Copic to make it gold because it was silver.  And I used a piece of mesh screen under it because it just screams PORCH door. 
Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  I promise you'll have fun with this fabulous technique!  Also, check out the awesome projects from the FAB design team - they are amazing!  

  Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
  Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts (you are here!)
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon
Cristina Barnes - Dot Dot Stamping Design
Liliana Inguanti - Stampin' From Home
 Paula McClane - Scrap Addicts Attic
 Lisa Minckler - You Made Me Ink!
 Kim Price - Inkognito

SUPPLIES:
Paper - MME pp, Bazzill, Memory Box gingham, My Time Made Easy Digital plaid, PPI kraft
Inks -  Ranger Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Copic marker
Other - Sentiment - Bleeding Cowboy font, My Favorite Things - Die-namics - Fishtail Flags, Tim Holtz Sizzix Embossing Folder, MME star charm, Tim Holtz chain tassel, bottle cap - Archiver's, mesh screen - The Funkie Junkie Boutique, twine and rope from my stash


Thanks for visiting  my blog.  I'd love to hear your comments!
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips