November 14, 2013

A Vintage Christmas

This week, I am playing in two challenges I haven't entered before, but I am such a huge fan of all the design team members!  I really challenged myself to incorporate the elements of both. EDITED - I JUST MISSED THE DEADLINE FOR THE JUGS CHALLENGE!  Awwwwww

First up is Always Playing with Paper's Merry Monday Challenge # 83 (Stripes, Red, Chocolate with Stars or Hearts)
The elements of this challenge spoke to the vintage side of me!  Just look at the beautiful inspiration photo.  Head over to Lesley's blog and check out the awesome cards from their design team!
The next is Just Us Girls Challenge #214 - Technique (Words  Background)
I love this challenge so much, I didn't even feel I needed a sentiment on my card.  I simply adore any and all backgrounds as a platform to build my elements upon and I used a vintagey embossing folder from Tim Holtz.  Using Core'dinations paper, and sanding it down, brought out the distressed look I was going for.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I would love to hear your comments.

Supplies
Paper - Basic Grey, Core'dinations, Reflections, Crate Paper, corrugated paper
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain
Dies - Die-namics Double Scallop Border
Other -Darice Chocolate Hemp Twine, star and snowflakes from Funky Junky Boutique, Webster's Pages glass pebbles, MM brad maker


Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips